Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Gen

Default Reducing the lawn area

I'm attempting to reduce the area of lawn that I have to maintain.I
live in the coastal subtropics. The lawn I have is mainly couch, with
some "shady grass" and lately paspalum.Our shire, currently, has water
restrictions.
The lawn is "split" level with the majority on the lower level which
also has four developing trees and a veggie patch. The block faces
north and is long, narrow and slightly sloping

I figure the alternatives are
a) Upper level: paving,(brick or pavers) /pebble crete/decking
b) lower level: short native grasses /native ground covers ( in
stages)

Any comments on my alternatives or other suggestions would be very
welcome