Old 05-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Tom Elliott

Default Down the side of your house...

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:07:47 +1100, Chookie
wrote:

What do you do with that 1.5-metre-wide dead spot down the side of your house?
Mine runs N-S (ie, gets little direct sunlight). The gap is fenced near the
front of the house, so it's a dead end. The two windows in that wall need
shading. I have thought of putting in a fern garden with a seat at the end,
perhaps with some trees.

If you have a garden down the side of your house, what did you do and why?

I have four nice ferns, a thick layer of wood chip mulch, and a set of
sprinklers. It looks nice and maintains itself nicely, with very
little attention from me. It is pretty narrow though, and a bit of a
squeeze to get through, but I like the rainforest feel it has.

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.