Old 23-11-2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
MissTaz MissTaz is offline

Default What to do when your orchid blooms?

On Nov 13, 5:29 pm, "Wendy7" wrote:
Thanks for the info Miss Taz,
You are really down under! Tasmania the chunk that broke away from
Australia, at least it
looks that way on a map & it looks lovely & green.
I really need to concentrate on feeding my cymbidiums a bit more
especially to
promote blooming.
Would love to see some pics of your place. (Have you looked at
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids)
Cheers Wendy

"MissTaz" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Nov 8, 2:16 am, "Wendy7" wrote:
Dear Miss Taz,
I would do a happy dance!!!

Hey Wendy,

I live in Tasmania, Australia so it's not the warmest of climates.
I keep the orchids outside in a garden bed so they surrounded with
other plants, it keeps the wind from being a problem and also protects
them from too much sun.

I generally water them weekly spring through summer and monthly the
rest of the year (unless it rains, then I take that into account)

Feeding is about the same as watering however I do tend to forget to
do it but it's never been a problem!

Just how do you tend to your cymbidium to get it to bloom?
What zone do you grow in?
I have over 300 of these & very few bloom for me?
Cheers Wendy"MissTaz" wrote in message

roups.com...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, do I need to do anything special now that my
orchid is blooming?
I have a cymbidium and its just starting to open up.

Thanks,

Yep I really am from Tasmania
I will see if I can attach a photo of my orchid for you to have a look
at.