Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Andrew G

Default Using the rinse water

"J & A Haig" wrote in message
u...
Gen,

SNIP
Good on you for your thoughtfulness but best idea is to try for your
shower/bath water. A bit of soap/shampoo is no problem (compared to

highly
alkaline washer water). Would need more that a bucket though to catch

that
lot. See if you can get a 200L plastic drum used for chemicals and
stockfeed etc.

If you can arrange the pipework, letting it run to the garden and spread

out
is OK. Need a valve to have choice of garden or drain.

good luck, Jim

You just reminded me.
My g/f's father bought some large 220litre drums today, with a screw on lid,
for $20 each that would be perfect for the water catchment!!
We had them at work to put bags of grass seed in to stop the rats getting to
it. They look very similar to the small home brew fermenting tanks, though
with no tap.
Anyway the ones at work once had olives in them, the ones bought today used
to have cherry's in them.
A guy not far from here sells them out the front of his house. I am not sure
where else you could get these. Maybe an olive farm or cherry farm??
For anyone who may be in the area:
I live in Forster on the Mid North Coast. They are for sale on the road
between this town and Taree, on the Lakesway. If heading towards Forster
from Taree go past the Big Buzz Fun park (which is on the right), well
between that and Blackhead turnoff on the left you will see them for sale
near the edge of the road. There were plenty left as of this afternoon.
Hope this info helps some people.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply