Old 25-11-2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Fouchey Dave Fouchey is offline

Default OT Turkey was angraecum leonis

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:52:18 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Interesting, Dave. We have a super grill w/very reliable temp control. Never
have tried turkey on it, but it sounds like we will!

Diana (also a big fan of fresh herbs and butter......)

Diana, It is really neat to put whole sage leaves under the skin, when
the skin is golden the leaves show through in relief. Tastes great
too.

Mine is a large charcoal grill that has good vent control so I have
learned how to manage the fire to keep the temp stable. Use a smoke
box with soaked wood chips over the fire, build a small fire on each
end and roast the bird over the middle. This cooks it evenly and
allows fine control of the smoke and the temperature. The secret is to
keep the fire even, and check it often. Makes a great excuse to work
in the herb garden while monitoring the grill! I also will take green
herb cuttings and place them on the coals to add subtle flavor to what
I am cooking.

Good luck!

Dave
Dave Fouchey