Old 28-11-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default TAXON Phrag kovachii articles

I agree with you. My first instinct was to agree with the change, but
having read the rebuttals I am now of the opinion that the name should stay.

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

Keep the kovatchii name. To do anything else will open up nomenclature to
the same stupid political influences that are pervasive in so many other
aspects of society. I think the two rebuttals were spot-on.

An for good measure, successfully suppressing that publication will cause
a major schism in the international taxonomic community.

-Eric

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
So Eric, which side of the argument are you on?

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Kathy,

That website is organized poorly - too much "drilling down" to get to
what you want!

Here are the relevant URLs for those not into exploring. Click the big
"PDF" button on each page to view the content.

1) The Proposal: TAXON 55(4)

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00004/art00041

2) Rebuttal by William Anderson: TAXON 56(2)

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00002/art00046

3) Rebuttal by Wesley Higgins and David Benzing: TAXON 56(3)

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00003/art00042

(ps. I love how the PDF sizes are to the 10th decimal place!)

-Eric