Old 29-11-2007, 10:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default TAXON Phrag kovachii articles

Now that you raise it, I do remember Guido's arguments.

Must have it on my OGD files somewhere.

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

Guido Braem made similar arguments way back when the court judgment
requiring Selby to make every effort to overturn the kovatchii name was
released. My loose recollection of the point Guido made was something
along the lines that US courts can order international scientific bodies
to do whatever they want and the scientific body is free to ignore the
court.

-Eric

John Varigos wrote:
I agree with you. My first instinct was to agree with the change, but
having read the rebuttals I am now of the opinion that the name should
stay.

John