Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM posted to aus.gardens
Ed Adamthwaite[_2_] Ed Adamthwaite[_2_] is offline

Default Grevillea? Can anyone identify?

I have noticed some quite tall (5-20M) trees around the eastern suburbs of
Melbourne that have a deep green foliage with golden grevillea like
flowers that form in strata like bands at different levels. There are many
to be seen ranging from Mitcham to Lilydale.
I have scoured the web for grevillea finding hundreds of species, but most
have pictures that just show the flower, not the tree, making
identification difficult.
It is a spectacular tree that attracts many birds when in flower. I'd like
to add one to my garden.
Regards, Ed.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au