Old 01-12-2007, 11:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince SyrianPrince is offline

Default Grevillea? Can anyone identify?

oops grevillea robusta is a grevillea :-)
"SyrianPrince" wrote in message
could it be silky oak? check it out, may not be a grevillea at all :-)
love and peace,
SyrianPrince
"Loosecanon" wrote in message

"Ed Adamthwaite" wrote in message
I have noticed some quite tall (5-20M) trees around the eastern suburbs
of
Melbourne that have a deep green foliage with golden grevillea like
flowers that form in strata like bands at different levels. There are
many
to be seen ranging from Mitcham to Lilydale.
I have scoured the web for grevillea finding hundreds of species, but
most
have pictures that just show the flower, not the tree, making
identification difficult.
It is a spectacular tree that attracts many birds when in flower. I'd
like
to add one to my garden.
Regards, Ed.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au

Grevillea robusta I think pics
http://www.anbg.gov.au/cgi-bin/phtml...pn=3990&size=2
http://www.anbg.gov.au/cgi-bin/phtml?pc=a&pn=783&size=2

This is getting upto the big stuff in the genus. Most others are shrubs.
Susceptible to sooty mold in WA.

Richard