Old 02-12-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Paraphalaenopsis labukensis question

Yeah, I just looked it up on OW and I've been really growing it
improperly.... I just got finished moving it & all the vandas inside to the
spare shower, *G*! They may not like it especially, but it'll keep them
until I get the heater up and running...

"Ray B" wrote in message
news7C4j.4481$vB.633@trnddc05...
I am not a paraphal freak, nor do I play one on TV, but I believe your
assessment of staying warm and humid is the key. I grow mine right along
side of the vandas.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Pphs labukensis that has been lingering for me. Tries to put out
a new growth and then just stops. So the GH has the right conditions for
a short period of time and then changes..... In researching I see it can
be intermediate, but more possibly its a warm grower (???? I guess that's
my question) And wants high(er) humidity - like 70-80%? I wondered if I
should bring this inside this winter.... I considered bringing the
vandas, phals and this one inside becasue I let the GH get very cold,
practically unheated, and they don't like that. For example it got down
to 52F last night. Ambient was 38-40F.

Anyway, I know there are a couple of Paraphalaenopsis freaks here and
wondered how you grew 'em? Any tips? Mine was in a slat basket. one its
side with sphagnum moss. Moss has soured and I generally don't do well
with moss, so I've moved it to a treefern mount.

(Ha, the more I write the more I convince myself to bring it inside.)

K Barrett