Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Petition asking to be allowed to water vegetable gardens

The Victorian Premier has considered this idea, and rejected it.
This is what I will do at the next election. I will vote differently.
They are getting up my nose....

Jonno wrote:
There will be many using their garden for growing vegetables, and I for
one believe we shouldn't be stopped from watering our vegetable gardens
even though there is a drought as there are many environmental and other
benefits for doing so.
This especially applies to pensioners and disabled people, but not
forgetting those who cannot afford to buy vegetables at ever increasing
prices.
There is a petition on this website, (backed by both Jane Edmundson and
Don Burke) to ask for this to be allowed to happen.
If you agree, you will also help keep vegetable prices down, as I have
noticed, the large grocery stores always drop prices locally so it
doesnt pay to grow your own. So its benefits all around.
Read the information here and sign it online, if you agree:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...-victoria.html

The Victorian state labor government of course does not agree but should
be ashamed of its no dams policy and backing the privatised water
industry blaming the drought for ever increasing prices.
Now its GM modified foods. I thought they were there to support the people,