Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default No ice on this pond

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:56:19 CST, Hal wrote:

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:08:43 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

It's the freakiest and most uneven
freeze I've ever seen. I've still got dragonflies buzzing over the
pond, too many to count, and there are even some butterflies still
chasing after the flowers that remain.

I'll try to think kind thoughts of you tomorrow morning as I'm zipping
up against the 28 F and 20-25 mph winds we are supposed to get.
Checking Valdosta, GA weather, (33 F at 6 AM) looks like I'm among the
last to be blessed with the freezing temperatures going South.

Valdosta is about 45min north of me. The weatherguessers say it might
get down to 35 or so Monday night, but then it begins to warm back up
and there are no freezing temperatures forecast for at least the next
10 days or so.
--
Galen Hekhuis
I have no idea what happened, but I assure you it was all proper.