Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default No ice on this pond

No ice yet on my fledgling pond although I do think the frost has
carried off the water hyacinths......main bugbear at the moment is that
the wind keeps blowing over the reeds but I always knew I'd need to
plant them more firmly in the spring when I can really get going on the
pond.....No fish to worry about of course this year as I've been holding
off til spring because of how late it was in the season when the pond
eventually got finished enough to fill.....I still like looking at it
though - and it does house frogs.....

Leaves haven't been bad with only the odd one going in the pond.....the
sycamores at the back have pretty much covered the top lawn and the side
passage by the house but the pond must get some protection from the bamboo

Gill