Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Grevillea? Can anyone identify?

In article , (Ed Adamthwaite)
wrote:

Hi Richard,
thank you for the links. They helped me to identify a Grevilea Robusta
(about 5M high)over the road from my place. However although very similar
to the type I am talking about, it doesn't have the stratified bands of
flowers across it's foliage. The flowers of the G.Robusta in the pictures
seem quite random in their positioning.
I wonder if the stratafication only happens when they get really big? They
are a really spectacular tree. And apart from attracting birds, the bees
seem to like them too.

Grevillea robusta do get those bands of flowers when the branches are big
enough. YOu can see it in the leftmost plant in this pic:

http://latimes.image2.trb.com/lanews...5/30141444.jpg

Is that what you mean?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia