Old 05-12-2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default snow snow snow

we are in it. not a "snow day" this time. I just gotta get thru this week, only two
lectures left to go and the final next Tuesday. then it can snow!!!

the pond started out at 36oF on Nov. 29, Thursday. I covered it, dropped in the
heater, ran hot water into the pond to top it up. The temp was 44oF the next day.
Yesterday the temp was 49oF, we are going into the single digits tonight, but I see
the fish are up hanging around the heater, pump and veggie filter (such as it is).
Looking for food. I will be feeding them when the temp hits 50. I still dont have
the curtain up around the pond area. sigh. winter came tooooo fast.

I count myself as very smart I married a younger man who can shovel the snow get my
car dug out and ready to go for me this morning. Rather than dig out his car too he
walked to work. He went out this morning and the woman next door was screaming
because HER husband didnt dig out her car (altho it is a jeep I think) and she and
her 6yo were stuck there and my sweet DH dug her out first. Now we have a snow
blower came with the house we bought but DH prefers a shovel. Next door woman has a
husband who is an engineer loves "gadgets" so I think we will loan the snow blower to
him let him clean the sidewalks. Our "frontage" is only 25' so it isnt that bad.

well going for another cup of coffee. later. Ingrid