Old 06-12-2007, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Tall Potato Orchid

The inflorescence just had that look about it.

I really don't know the difference between saprophytic & epiparasitic. I have
this feeling I've heard somewhere that a saprophytic relationship is mutually
beneficial to the orchid & the fungus; whereas epiparasitic involves the orchid
parasitising the fungus it relies on for nutrition, to the detriment of the
fungus. Can anyone comment?

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:41:37 +1100, "AusDigi" wrote:

One reference says its saprophytic while another says epiparasitic, though
it doesn't mention the parasite it might be parasitizing.

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
.. .
Would that be saprophytic, Reiner?

Dave Gillingham