Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Gabra

Default Mosquito repellents/killers

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi all,

Its that time of year where mozzies and bbq's don't mix...

snip discussion of citronella etc

I'm leaning towards one of the zappers, but I assume not all zappers are

the
same, so any comments on:

a) Are zappers any good
b) Are some types of zappers better than others
c) Any alternatives to zappers which are not citronella burners?

Read a while ago (sorry to be so vague, but it was a couple of years back)
that the zappers give off a vapour when they kill something that's not
friendly to humans. I don't know whether the quantities are too minute to
cause any harm.

I also saw a comparison in some magazine, also a while ago, that concluded
the mosquito coils were the most effective! Don't know how true any of this
is.

And/or any other suggestions...

Thanks,
Dave.