Old 17-12-2007, 01:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
George W. Frost George W. Frost is offline

Default What is this please?

"bassett" wrote in message

"George W. Frost" wrote in message
news
Anyone have a clue as to what this little tree is called?
It is about 6 years old and the main stem has died back a couple of
times, then it has again sprouted from the base
Looks to be frost intolerant as after a hard winter, it dies back, but
then replenishes itself in the spring,
It is flowering now, early summer, the leaves are mimosa type

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c4a0558da1.jpg

Who bloody knows Uncle George, could be anything, It might be an old
root, that wondered in one dark night and refused to leave five
years later.
But the point is George, what are you doing on here, You know
about as much as I do about this gardening thing'ee, and that's
nothing.
Your loyal nephew, bassett

Thanks for your reply Bassett, thought that I was going to get an answer to
my question
But asking a question on flowers and petals to the usual crowd, usually
brings an answer from someone who only knows something about bicycle petals

But I have since found out that it is a Albizia Julibrissen, a mimosa plant
or by another name, A Persian Silk Tree.
Maybe that Persian tart who called in a couple of years ago left it here

Glad that is the only thing she left

But in my spare time, of which I dont have much, I have a small interest in
gardening
I do the looking and someone else does the work