Old 21-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Jon Nyhus

Default pH is too high

With the recent rains, almost 4 inches, my ponds pH has gone up. I would
like to use a natural product to do this than a chemical acid. I was
thinking of using a woman's knee-hi hose packed with peat moss, tied off at
the top and placed into the top of the bio-falls. Any comments or other
suggestions? I understand that it will make the water tea colored but I can
live with that as I hope to use it for a week or so and then remove it after
getting the pH down to acceptable levels again. I plan on put several water
hyacinths in the top of the bio-falls next month. Its currently at 9.0 pH
and usually around 7.8 - 8.0 pH without having to do much about adjusting
anything since its fully cycled and has become stable. The pond is 600
gallons with a large Pondsweep Bio-falls and Skimmer to create a large
waterfalls through a veggie-bog filter in the top area to the lower pond.

Regards,

Jon Nyhus
Glendale, Arizona