Old 29-12-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Feeding spent container soil to compost worms

On Dec 29, 5:22�am, Frank wrote:
Low levels of fertilizer salts, no Miracle Gro, feeding my container
veggies
organically (Espoma PlantTone) and rarely at all, with very good
results.
The (not cheap) soil at harvest's end is still good, save for the dead
roots
and whatever slight fertilizer buildup I did get from the Espoma. �Is
it
possible to rejuvenate the soil by letting compost worms work it over
for
a couple of months?

Unless your composter is really hard up for material there's isn't
much benefit in recomposting that which is likely already well
composted... makes much more sense to work used potting soil into your
outdoor beds where it will do some good lightening the soil and it
will decompose further anyway.