Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM
elalamein elalamein is offline
Registered User

Question Tree eradication

Please dont get moralistic over this; believe me this job isn't something I will relish. However it has to be done. A neighbour has planted four Poplar trees on his/my boundary fence. They will, in time destroy the garden I have worked so hard to build up and maintain (on some of the poorest solis in the UK) by overshading the garden from the sun.
We dont communicate following him shooting our cat with his air rifle. The trees have just been planted and it seems to me that the correct application of the correct substance, under the lifted root (during the early hours of the morning) might cause the trees not to come into leaf this spring. I hope then he will abandon his willful horticultural terrorism.

I wonder what that substance might be? Any ideas?

Thankyou.

Monty