Old 03-01-2008, 06:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ted Mittelstaedt Ted Mittelstaedt is offline

Default Tree eradication

"elalamein" wrote in message
...[color=blue][i]

Ted Mittelstaedt;768453 Wrote:[i]

/i]

While that is a bit over the top, you should also understand that free
roaming housecats are responsible for killing songbirds. He does have
a right to not have your cat in his yard.

Ted

The cat was in our garden, not his

Well in my book that's a declaration of war. Killing someone's pet is
uncalled for unless the animal is attacking something or is rabid. The
accepted recourse is
to live-trap them, then call the dog/cat pound and after the animal is
hauled off, leave a note on the door of the pet owner. Often the
lesson is more effective when they have to pay money to the pound
to get them out - and the pound will of course make sure that not
only do they pay the fine, they also pay to have the animal licensed.

But shooting across the property line into someone else's property
to kill a pet is completely crossing the line. Hell, here in the city
it's illegal to discharge
a weapon in such a situation, they don't even allow you to target
practice in your back yard. Thank goodness that our neighbors
on the street here are all decent people.

Hey, maybe you could pull his property tax records and find out he
hasn't paid property taxes for the last 20 years or so and get him
audited.

Did you call the cops on them? I'm sure you did - and I'm sure they
didn't prosecute and you got screwed over, if I know anything about
how the cops work.

Ted