Old 07-01-2008, 05:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
Blackadder XXIV Blackadder XXIV is offline

Default Aquaducts - irrigating Australia

"Jonno" wrote in message
I agree, dollar for dollar desalination plants seem to be subject to
government abuse and back-door deals with corporations and politicians.
Pipelines should be able to go both ways. I think someone in the fifties
did a technical feasibility study. They seem to become white elephants
during times of plenty...Creating a terrible waste of taxpayers funds.

I guess the same could be said about a massive aquaduct system - eg. plenty
of corruption and graft.

Which is sad, as we could certainly do with such a water system.