Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
Blackadder XXIV Blackadder XXIV is offline

Default Aquaducts - irrigating Australia

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

result. We have a dirth of statesmen and a plethora or politicians.
While
ever politicians are only looking to get elected for the next 3 years
there is
little chance of plans that require long term planning and commitment.

David

Indeed, what a tragedy. Perhaps the problem can be solved by the Federal,
State, and local govt giving up their powers to a Water Bureau - so that
long term planning and construction can be done - by relying on pollys who
get elected every 3 years we seem to be getting feel-good solutions that do
bugger all- like the time a whole reservoir of water got chucked down the
river and straight into the sea. Goodness knows what exactly that helped.