Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Luke

Default New user question- turf types for Adelaide

Hi Jeremy,

I have just recently laid turf on an extremely clay soil, once it was all
prepared we laid a turf called Windsor Green. It stays green through Winter
is drought tolerant, doesn't grow too fast and looks great. Only thing is
that it costs a bit more than ol buffalo and the other nastier looking
grasses (just my opinion). Windsor green is a cross between Casablanca and
Santa Anna. The only issue with this turf is that it is probably not as hard
wearing as other types, if you have a few dogs then you may be better off
with something else. If you want to know where it's available from reply off
list to me.

Cheers
Luke