Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Hairy Blotter

Default Installing an irrigation system

Try many of the hardware chains online websites for info.
Mitre 10 for one is here.
http://www.mitre10.com.au/mitre10/se...tering&btnSear
ch.x=17&btnSearch.y=8

Running hose under lawns and gardens is no trouble. Use a sharp shovel/spade
(what is the technical difference??) and cut a 4-6 inch deep v-shaped
trench.
Lay hose in trench, trim a little soil off bottom of removed "V" to prevent
squashing hose, and replace the removed soil into trench.
Give lawn a good water along trench.
Ater a day or two (or almost immediatly if grass is long) you will not see
where the hose was laid.
Ensure you make a sketch or plan of where the irrigation hose is laid to
prevent damage when digging in future.

Tony.

"peep" peep.peep@com wrote in message
.. .
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about installing an automatic irrigation system. I want to
install some pop up sprinklers for my already established front lawn and
fixed sprinklers for the garden beds.. How do I run the hosing

under-ground
without damaging the lawn and the gardens?

BTW, I recently purchased the house. The gardens and lawn are about 3

months
old.

Kind Regards.