Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Andrew G

Default How do I remove new shoots from a removed tree?

"Robin Henderson" wrote in message
Hi,

About 3 months ago we had a big tree (think it's called Amelia, spelling?)
removed from our garden because it was too close to the house. The tree

was
over 2 stories tall, or about same height as the overhead power lines in
suburban streets (I'm in Victoria).

Now, I'm getting new shoots coming out of the lawn! About 8 of them,

knee/hip
high and growing very leafy and quickly.

What can I do to get rid of the new shoots and prevent them from growing

back
again? ... I removed 1 big tree, now I have 8 small ones #@! ...

Thanks in advance, cheers

Robin

Don't cut the shoots off, leave them.
Use straight undliuted glyphosate (Roundup) and paint the whole shoots with
them.
Or you could use blackberry and tree killer. That should definitely get it.

good luck

Remove "not" from start of email address to reply