Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Terry Collins

Default How do I remove new shoots from a removed tree?

Robin Henderson wrote:

Hi Terry,

thanks for a speedy reply

In the afternoon of a warm day, cut the shoots and paint with round
up/zero.

Can I can what 'round up/zero' is? And by paint, do you mean on the cuts after
I chop off the shoots?

Round UP is a glycophospate product from Monsanto.
I think Zero is the domestic version and Round Up the agricultural
version

Yes, buy paint, I mean with a cheap (kids) paint brush into the stem.
If it is small, paint the lot. If large, just pain around the outside
where the cambrian layer is.

If the saps running and you do it fast enough afterwards, the stem seems
to actually suck it in, If so, just repeat.

PS don't return Zero/Round Up to the main container.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au