Old 13-01-2008, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Paph Maudiae album

Nice picture. I think you can see just a bit of a yellow pollen sac behind
the staminode sheild & column, or am I wrong? You can also see a fraction
of the twisty route bees have to take in order to get out of the pouch,
crawl behind the column & accomplish pollination. I'm glad you said that
about 'just green & white'. Every now and again I think that too, *G*
K Barrett

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
A wonderful Paph. Even though it just green & white the combination is
spectacular. And they bloom all winter if you have a couple of plants.