Old 13-01-2008, 11:26 PM posted to aus.gardens
George W. Frost George W. Frost is offline

Default The Romans Tried Aquaducts

"Blackadder XXIV" wrote in message
u...
"0tterbot" wrote in message
everyone else got over the "yellow peril" idea decades ago.
kylie

No Kylie, its not paranoia. Its just a rational suggestion. I mean, whose
going to stop them? The Indonesians walked into East Timor in the 1970s.
And no one stopped them. The only reason they got pushed out - was because
of their economic and political problems

Damn, and here I was thinking that Kylie was talking about the Yellow Peril
in Melbourne years ago.

But give them enough time, and they will have the numbers to not just walk
in, but stay and create a nation of their own. Its just demographics.

Sure you could put a few thousand in detention. But you can' stop 1% of
Indonesia from coming over. Right now, they're population is at 200
million. In 30 years time, apparently it will reach 278 million. If you
were an Indonesian, it would make sense to come over to Australia by hook
or by crook. It'd be a much better life for them.

http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Research/LUC/...gkh1/chap1.htm

The Indonesians are already here and with little Johnny giving them $1
billion for flood relief from the tsunami tells me that teh Govco are
bending over backwards to appease them

Your reference to 1970 and East Timor reminds me that Papua used to be be
called Dutch New Guinea, but is now known as Papua Indonesia
when did this happen?