Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
alwynne mackie

Default Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds)

I think I might have it. The one I have is called A. alba rosea, and starts
out white, but goes pink as the flower matures. Have you ever heard of a red
one?
Cheers,
Alwynne

"Luke" wrote in message

Hi Alwynne,

The flower is white with a strawberry tinge, it is a beautiful flower. I
have seen them for sale at Bunnings.

"alwynne mackie" wrote in message
Luke, do you mean that the flowers are a strawberry colour? Someone once
told me they had seen a red agapanthus, but I thought they had just
mistakened it for an agapanthus. Perhaps they were right!
Cheers,
Alwynne
"Luke" wrote in message

Hi Ruth,

I bought some strawberry agapanthus seeds from the net and just

planted
them
in a yates greenhouse seed tray, a couple of months later I had baby
agapathus's growing. I grew them in a seed raising mix as well. I kept

them
moist and in a shady position and they seemed to love it.

Cheers
Luke

"Ruth" wrote in message
I'm aware that a lot of people frown up the idea of putting in more
agapanthus but I have just the spot for a few of these!

I've collected the pods\seeds of the ones which have finished
flowering and would ask "do I just throw them on the ground" or do
something else with them, to have a few grow?!

Many thanks.

Ruth.