Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Sue

Default Ponytail palm in flower - is this usual

I had a "happy plant", a form of dracena I think but could be wrong.
Originally I bought it as a stump growing in a solution and as it grew I
potted it. When it was around 10 years old we moved from Perth to Karratha
(considerably hotter) and had it under a shaded area outside. During the
first and subsequent summers it flowered, a mass of white highly perfumed
flowers. It was absolutely beautiful. When they finished I let them die
back a little and then chopped the storks off. After four years we moved
back to Perth and took it with us, unfortunately it didn't like the air down
there and proceeded to drop dead. On the positive side I had taken a couple
of cuttings over the years and they are still growing. We recently moved
back to the Pilbara, along with the much travelled Happy Plant and I cannot
wait to see if the cuttings start to flower.

Sue Karratha.