Old 18-01-2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default I'm SO excited

Kudos to you Ray, now you will see that it's a teenager & no turning back. I
think it's neat that you have
had it from seedling.
You will get more spikes every year from now on. Mine blooms faithfully in
Feb/March.

I was astounded to see them in Santa Barbara last year with approx. 3
pseudos for $150.00
My only guidance is "enjoy"
Cheers Wendy

"Ray B" wrote in message
I am not a grower of dens. I'm not particularly fond of most of them, and
the unique ones seem to be outside of my skill set. I do not give plants
"rests".

MANY moons ago (maybe 120 or more, actually) Rod Venger sent me a Den.
speciosum seedling in a 2" pot. Despite my relative neglect, it has grown
and grown and grown. It is currently in an 8" basket (hasn't been
repotted in years) hung up with the vandas, with the largest growths maybe
18" tall (not counting the leaves) and today I actually noticed the
beginning of spikes!!!! 2 on one, one on another.

Not a specimen by anyone's standards, but I will give it credit for
tolerance.

Any guidance?