Old 18-01-2008, 07:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Staples Don Staples is offline

Default Care tips for your orchid

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:53:55 -0500, "symplastless"
wrote:

I am more incline to listen to people who do not claim that fertilizer,
elements alone, are food for autotrophs!

I am not familiar with the term autotrophs, but I do know orchids
(with the exception of some) are epiphytes and take nutrients from air
and water which collects between the roots or hold tights and the bark
of the tree the plant has adhered to.

I fertilize plants indoors using simple liquid seaweed and so far, so
good. I've had the same house plants for over a decade and made many
plants from their offshoots.

I also ran very large greenhouse operations and was a grower. But
what do I know. Rhetorical of course.

One heck of a lot more than a so called tree biologist.

Remind me Don. What was your last post that addressed a plant problem?
It seems your whole "raison d'etre" for being in gardening groups is to
attack John. It would be a great improvement if you could just throw in
a few tid-bits that are on topic. Consider starting a new NG called
rec.kill.john.kill, then you could rant to your hearts content and still
be on topic.
--

Bug off, billy, when a tree question comes up, I will, till then fighting
deadwood is a reason to be here. Kind of like asking a back country chemist