Old 18-01-2008, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Care tips for your orchid

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"kzin" wrote in message

On 18-Jan-2008, Johnny Borborigmi wrote:

Oh, so you really are not feeding the plant. Just applying N-P-K.

Jesus SNIP Christ on a unicyle you guys anal much? Sorry I added an
opinion....

it's just the one guy, either killfile him or just ignore him, or find
amusement in him

Ok, let me break out the "S" word - Stupid. In the USA people have the
right to be stupid. They can say and write stupid things. E.g.,
Fertilizer is food, elements are nutrients, plants absorb nutrients, we
have feeder roots, wood is dead, heartrot explains trees response to
wounding, wound dressing stops rot, plant trees deep, put mulch on the
trunk of trees and good and deep, tree wrap prevents sunscald and frost
cracks, stake trees with wire in a hose, wood is dead. Heartrot explains
decay. Flush cuts are correct. Wound dressings stop rot. Nature is
balanced. Fertilizer is food. Wetwood is bad. Planting deeply is good. Rot
is a major cause of failure. Water causes decay. Insects and diseases are
the major causes of tree problems. There are at least a hundred more.

Myself, I am studying Advanced Tree Biology. In Advanced Tree Biology we
reframe from loose, sloppy terms. Why, for a better understanding how the
system works. If I see a fellow is so far off tract to call fertilizer
plant food, I have enough care, concern, time and passion to help that
person better understand plants. Again, some people fight to be stupid
and spread it to others. Mostly product pushers are to blame for the
continued confussion.

I am very thankful that someone took the time to explain to me things like
fertilizers are not tree food.

Sorry for caring!

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

I forgot one for Don Staples whuile I am at it.. Wood, e.g., cellulose, is
bad for a forest so logging must be done in the name of forest health. How
much more absurd can you possibly be?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.