Old 21-01-2008, 02:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Aquarium chemistry

"~ jan" wrote in message
I've been struggling with how to comment to this. I think it was good
advice to point out Google and what terms to use, but perhaps if one
doesn't have the time, it would be better not to dismiss the OP by saying
so? Also the assumption "that anyone can type here for you" is pretty big.
At various times many of us have LOTS of time, especially during these
winter months. ;-)

To the OP, please come back when you get going again. There are far
simpler
solutions to cycling a tank and sick fish, especially goldfish, that we
can
help you with. Hal mentioned buying your own test kits. And I would
recommend having salt, baking soda and ammonia binder on hand. Also, when
purchasing an ammonia test kit, get the salicylate test kind. ~ jan

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking. It was a bit off topic for the group
and a newbie needs sooooooo much information.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.