Old 21-01-2008, 06:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Peach leaf curl - copper or sulfur to treat?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
symplastless wrote:
"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:40:34 -0800, "Zootal"
wrote:

Continue to do this foliar feeding until fruit sets. More
important,
do research and don't just trust my brand of remedy. I have
impossible brown rot with no treatment in sight.

Victoria

Please explain how you provide tree food by applying to leaves. How
to you provide food for an autotroph?

Silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you seem to object to the term "foliar feeding", what
nomenclature would you prefer be used for the process of supplying
trace elements by direct application to the leaves of certain plants?
Or is the basis of your obection that you feel that the observed
results of that procedure are simply a fluke that would have occurred
anyway independently of such application?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Good question.
"supplying elements by direct application" I.e., if the leaves are actually
taking the elements in.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.