Old 31-01-2008, 11:03 PM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Peach drooling

0tterbot wrote:
"Trish Brown" wrote in message

Do you have a Spotlight nearby? They keep muslin of different weights and
also some of the sew-in interfacings would do just as well.

mmm, i love spotlight :-)

Don't tell me you sew??? How remarkable! When people ask 'where did you
buy that?' and I tell them I made it, they look at me funny. My
favourite is making kid's school uniforms for $16 when they cost $74 to
buy in the shops! LOLOLOLOL!

yes, next year we are going to do SOMETHING about the bugs. for this year,
our main aim was just to see what kind of fruit each tree has (the fruits
didn't make it last year), what diseases have carried over, etc. any fruit
we get is just a bonus for now! they're all going to be severely pruned
after fruiting, as they are a mess all around.

have been cleaning up & bagging the fallen fruits in the sun, to try to
limit the fruit-fly invasion. this is my children's job; it makes them very
cross ;-)
kylie

Ah, I envy you that! (The fruit, not the cross children). Our block is
very poorly drained and so far, any fruit trees I've tried to grow have
drowned. We're hoping to do *some*thing to fix the drainage problem, but
not sure what... Main push at the moment is to get rid of the 'lawn'. I
have learned that lawn is a very overrated phenomenon and I no longer
want any.

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia