Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna J Fortuna is offline

Default help

Jacinta,
Have you considered inexpensive ways of making your house warmer. For
example: you could buy something for the windows to insulate them better so
that less heat escapes through the cracks near the windows; also if you have
a fireplace, check if there is a draft coming in through that (that's the
reason our living room is much colder than it should be, so maybe you have a
similar problem--we still need to find out how to fix ours). I think if you
put in some effort into insulating your home more that would be less
expensive than heating more. And if it is too cold for the orchids, chances
are high that it is not pleasant for humans either, so if you work on making
the home less cold both your orchids and you would benefit.
Good luck,
Joanna

"jacinta" wrote in message

please help me, i moved house 6 months ago, my orchids did well with the
move but my new house is alot colder to my old one, i think my babies
are dying. five of them have come into bud but thats it they go
further. iv tried to move in into a warmer part of the house, but it
hasnt done anything. what can i do thats not expensive, i only have 11
orchids and iv have them for about 8 years so im really worried for
them.

--
jacinta