Old 01-02-2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default The heron file. A perrenial problem (Part one)

"kathy" wrote in message
I've had a bird lost to a dastardly bullfrog. And it was one
of our state birds at that! And the culprit bullfrog was an
unwanted amphibian species in our state - it just added
insult to injury.
I've heard of snakes getting caught in netting. Can't even
imagine dealing with that! I'd so want to help the critter
but IT'S A SNAKE!!!! Just hard to get past the SNAKE
part...

My husband feels as you do but I have no fear of snakes. Once grabbed behind
the head they can't do anything but whip around. I toss them in an old
pillowcase and take them to the lake a mile down the road. That is if we
can save them. There were two so hopelessly tangled and so far gone we
couldn't help them.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.