Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Peach drooling

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:
"Trish Brown" wrote in message

Do you have a Spotlight nearby? They keep muslin of different weights
and also some of the sew-in interfacings would do just as well.

mmm, i love spotlight :-)

Don't tell me you sew??? How remarkable! When people ask 'where did you
buy that?' and I tell them I made it, they look at me funny.

nobody has ever asked me where i got anything, ever. perhaps i am doing
soemthing wrong :-)

My
favourite is making kid's school uniforms for $16 when they cost $74 to
buy in the shops! LOLOLOLOL!

i have been a negligent in my sewing activites lately :-( but i still love
spotlight!

Ah, I envy you that! (The fruit, not the cross children). Our block is
very poorly drained and so far, any fruit trees I've tried to grow have
drowned. We're hoping to do *some*thing to fix the drainage problem, but
not sure what... Main push at the moment is to get rid of the 'lawn'. I
have learned that lawn is a very overrated phenomenon and I no longer want
any.

that is bad news (about the drainage). whenever i see those diagrams of "how
to make drainage trenches" in books, i feel very sad for anyone reading them
with a special interest. jackie french (rather typically!!!) breezily writes
that one can "plant them on mounds" if drainage is bad.

our drainage is not so good, either, & we've lost a few from waterlogging. i
spoke to dh about not letting the holes be "glazed" and too smooth when
planting them in. he did that a few times & i think that didn't help the
problem whatsoever.
kylie