Old 04-02-2008, 11:37 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Peach drooling

"0tterbot" wrote in message news:lJgpj.10637
"Trish Brown" wrote in message

i have been a negligent in my sewing activites lately :-( but i still
love spotlight!

I hate the one that you and I would have access to. There are only about
3 decent staff in the place who know anything about fabric and I hate most
of the fabric they have because the quality is almost universally lousy.

it's entirely NOT the best one i've been to, that's for sure! however, if
_i_ know what i want, i can make it work. the staff are terrible!

I went in there to buy some japara that I'd seen a week before and of
couse they'd done a rearrangement and I had to go through 5 staff before i
found one who even knew what japara was.

(i don't know what japara is... ;-)

that is bad news (about the drainage). whenever i see those diagrams of
"how to make drainage trenches" in books, i feel very sad for anyone
reading them with a special interest. jackie french (rather typically!!!)
breezily writes that one can "plant them on mounds" if drainage is bad.

It works for Paul D. who has the mudbrick house and the trout ponds
outside his balcony as that is how he plants his trees.

undoubtedly, he had the foresight to create miniature tablelands, rather
than tiny silly mounds! :-)
kylie