Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Peach drooling

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
One thing that helps is the main paddock is slightly sloping. When I do
plant
in raised beds I allow the rows to point slightly down slope, not on
contour,
this means that when the rain stops the bed drains between rows and the
rows
drain downslope. So far this has saved most things.

slopes help!

drainage not the problem it might have been here because nothing is flat! it
helps a lot.

It's raining again today. This summer we have had:

Nov 194
Dec 117
Jan 144
Feb 73

That's La Nina for you.

I just need a magic bullet for powdery mildew and sooty mould. And the
car
has algae. Really.

well, i can't comment on your car (do you need to borrow some sea
creatures?) but i finally got round to trying the milk solution for powdery
mildew on the curcurbits. omg, it seems to have worked!! (i can't believe it
could be that easy). however, it's not made a dent on the powdery peas
whatsoever. i'm just completely over bloody peas & all the bloody hassle &
then in the end you get hardly any pea for your trouble anyway. as a last
resort i am trying dwarf peas so at least there's no hassle with soemthing
for them to grow up.

sorry, i've interrupted myself with a rant about peas.

it's been raining like the bejesus here as well. it won't stop. we don't
need any more rain at our house. i'm frantic about the erosion i know is
going on about the place & i'm too scared to look.

i'm sure all of this is terribly ironic in some way i can't put my finger on
exactly. whereabouts are you? (although i think the entire eastern seaboard
is awash.)
kylie