Old 05-02-2008, 10:10 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Peach drooling

FarmI wrote:

_i_ know what i want, i can make it work. the staff are terrible!

I think that's part of the job description at spotlight stores. I get
far more help from other women standing in line than I do from the
staff. And 'friendly'? Hah! More like 'fiendly'! Have you ever been to a
Home Yardage store? They're quite excellent, IMHO.

Yup. I sent He who Thinks He Should be Obeyed in to buy me some cord and
plastic rings for a Roman blind I'm making. You should have seen the shit
they sent him home with and it won't be of any use at all

Is that the pre-made Roman blind tape? I've used that and it actually
does what it's supposed to! Much easier than making the assembly from
scratch (I've done both). Or, just use the pre-made tape across the top
and use your rings down the length of the blind?

It comes in a number of weights and can be oiled or not. It's a closely
woven fabric and you would know oiled Japara as Driz-a-bone. the one I saw
was unoiled though and it is used for doona covers and feather cushion
covers.

Oo! Have you ever seen the oiled stuff for sale? My
extra-large-giant-economy-size husband needs a raincoat...

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia