Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens,triangle.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden,bionet.agroforestry,rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default ~2000 Paulownia seeds for $10.00

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 5 Feb, 17:47, John McGaw wrote:

http://paulownia.iscool.net

Why do you keep trying to sell weed seeds? I'm sure everyone already has
all the weeds they need.

Well I'd love to grow Paulownia, but when I looked at the weather
conditions for my plot (in _Wales_ of all places) it just didn't have
the water to support the things. 8-(

If you were to plant one, something I strongly advise against, you might
be surprised. These weeds were introduced to some areas to control
erosion in abandoned strip mines and have escaped into the wild. Around
here, especially up toward the Kentucky border I can find them growing
with great abandon out of solid rock faces in highway cuts and in mounds
of shale overburden where the only water is poison to everything else.
These are undemanding plants. If dandelion were a tree it would be
paulownia. I'd bet that you couldn't find a toxic wasteland surrounding
an abandoned lead mine in Wales where paulownia wouldn't survive

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]