Old 13-02-2008, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Greenhouse glazing

writes
On Feb 13, 1:010 On 13 Feb, 12:51, wrote:

Hello, I'm about to purchase a small greenhouse for the first time to
locate on my recently acquired allotment, I'm undecided about whether
to go for strengthened glass or polycarbonate, are there any drawbacks
to the polycarbonate option.

many thanks

Peter

For an allotment then Polycarb every time it's much more vandle proof.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Thanks for that, the allotments are inside a high walled garden with
locked access, and out of view, so hopefully vandelism shouldn't be a
huge issue (touches wood).
Is there any difference between the two with regard to letting in
light, build up of heat etc, the traditionalist in me says it must be
glass, but if there is no difference, I might as well go for the
slightly cheaper and safer polycarbonate.

Polycarb seems to have better insulating properties therefore warmer in
winter and cooler in summer.

--
Kay