Old 18-02-2008, 04:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Lawnmower Questions - Gas vs. Electric for Replacing 30 year old too haevy mower.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Frankly I have done just that with an electric with cord and had no
problems at all. My current home is not laid out in a way that would make
it easy, but I am considering either a corded or battery model. In fact
I just saw an add for a cord/cordlesss model. I will have to look into
that one.

I like the relative quiet of electric. No bother with gas etc. I
don't like the prospect of buying new batteries, as I am about to do for
my trimmer, blower and hedge cutter. Of the three original batteries
(about 6 years old) two are almost dead. Very handy.

While I personally like electric, I suspect that Joe would more happier
with a gas model.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Hearing the electric mowers around here, they are not any quieter than the
gas models. The pitch of the sound is different though.