Old 18-02-2008, 04:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens,alt.home.lawn.garden
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Lawnmower Questions - Gas vs. Electric for Replacing 30 yearold too haevy mower.

jJim McLaughlin wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
. ..

So, gas or electric?

If you're referring to the type that needs a cord plugged into 120
volts AC, I'd suggest the following: Put a glass jar into a thick
paper bag. Beat the bag with a hammer until you have bits of glass the
size of peas. Put half the glass in your mouth and the rest in your
shoes, and go for a walk.

That's a pretty good analogy for what it'll be like to mow a 90 foot
stretch while trying to manage an extension cord.

Get yourself a Snapper or Honda self-propelled gas mower. You'll find
these at independent lawn equipment shops, not big discount stores.

Joe -

The string trimer / weed wacker is plug in electric, and hauling
extension cord
with that is no roblem.electric and

There are outlets at each corner of the back and front of the house, so
I'd never bemore than 40 - 50 feet from an oulet.

Hmmm,
Are they powerful enough to do the tough job? For me frustration factor
was high when I tried electric mower and trimmer. It is not polluting
but until I can find one which can do the job properly, I am with gas
driven ones.