Old 21-02-2008, 10:43 PM
danny22 danny22 is offline
Registered User

my whole village used to be an orchard, so pretty much every garden has fruit trees. walk for two mins and ull see twenty apple trees and twenty pear trees. and some plum trees. and citrus in the summer lol. i think im starting a trend with a self-pollenating sweet cherry tree i just bought though

anyone know how much i should water them? i have got them sorted in big pots (as i cant currently plant them in the ground and wont be able to for a year or so) and i have watered them, but I haven't seen water run through the bottom of the pot. is this about right for water volume? any suggestions on feeding them, and when? they are both still pretty dormant - pear is bare but the apple has half a dozen buds, a couple of them just newly opening.

thanks all!!!