Old 25-02-2008, 03:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Eco Plus pump experience

Doug,

Just curious, why are you wanting a pump with less than half the capacity of
the one you currently use? (1267 gph vs. 3,000 gph) If the larger size pump
was properly sized for your pond then you'll experience problems using the
smaller pump. I believe that you can get an OASE Nautilus 1200 gph pump that
uses a comparable amount of electricity and it will come with a five year
warranty.

John

"old dirtbeard" wrote in message
t...
Hi all,

I posted a message a week or so ago about cycling the pump off and on to
reduce electrical consumption, and based upon your feedback, I think I
will look to a less power-hungry pump for the evening hours. From what I
can see, the "gallon per wattage champion" would appear to be the Eco
series pumps:

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/home/tp...ter_pumps.html

Particularly here I am thinking about:

1267-gph (EPP325) - 90 watts; max lift 14.7', 3/4"- 1" outlet fitting. 15'
cord.

I have seen it listed from $55-$85 -- should have sufficient head to
maintain good flow with the waterfalls.

My question this time is whether any of you have tried these pumps and
have you found them to be reliable? This pump only has a one year
warrantee which bothers me a bit, but it only would need to run 12
hrs/day.

The Aquascape 3,000 gal/hr pumps I currently am running use 280 watts, so
the energy savings would be substantial (~832 kWh/YR) for one pump.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

best,

doug